Friday, January 1, 2010

Blessings of 2009

I am sitting here reflecting on 2009 and I am amazed in one aspect -- it was the worst ever year from a worldly mind set. But I am reminded that though I live in the world, I am not of the world. I am in amazement at what the Lord has done and who He has brought into my life. The Lord brought so many people into my life who were in need of a touch from Him. It is funny because if I was not watching and being led by the Spirit I would have missed it. I am reminded of a dream in which I was doing my usual thing and the Spirit came upon me and moved me in the Spirit and I was flying around. I was light as a feather and soaring like an eagle. As I came down, this man approached me and said, "I know who you are." He took my hands in his hands and as he did it was like they were under a glass and his hands looked leprous. When our hands touched, the spots came on mine and then both our hands were cleansed and he said, "You have a wonderful gift and you are missing a great opportunity to minister to all those who are around you. Open your eyes and look." This shook me to the core. I felt he was telling me I was missing the opportunities the Lord was putting before me. So every time I get to speak with and encourage others, I do. I try to take every opportunity I can to encourage others. I don't care where or who they are. I have to be true to the calling the Lord has put before me and to minister to the people the Lord has put on my heart.

I have been so blessed by all of you who have contacted me for prayer and words of advice. It blesses me when I am contacted and asked to help. I will take everything before the Lord. Do not be ashamed of where you have been or where you are now. I was talking to a beautiful young lady today. It is a blessing to see what the Lord is bringing her out of. She has no idea what a blessing she will be to the kingdom of the Lord. The Lord has a great purpose for her. He has predestined her for greatness. She has been living in such torment and I feel the Lord is breaking all the chains of depression and guilt for what she had become. How exciting.

As I talked with all of these people, the thing I hear over and over is each of them has said the Lord was tugging on them and trying to draw them to Him and they have resisted. As I talk with them, I am reminded of how I was when I was lost. I always knew there was more. I searched for God in church after church and could not find Him. One of my friends told me she would go to church and they would talk about love and all this good stuff but none of the people in the church lived it. She even said there were some churches she just wanted to leave because she could tell something was wrong. I laughed because I also have been in that same atmosphere. That is another reason I feel the Lord is using the internet to reach those who are hurting. I have been contacted by people from all over the world. What a blessing the internet has been. I never would have dreamt of reaching so many souls. One thought that keeps coming to mind is that you never know how you can change someone's life with the words you speak. You can change the course of someone's life with just a smile, word or even an acknowledgement. Preach always; speak words if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment