Wednesday, November 11, 2009

WAITING ON GOD

I feel like we are sitting in the lake waiting on the Lord to blow the sails on the boat to propel us into action. What I mean is we are waiting on the Lord to commission us as he did his disciples in the days of old. I sense it is just around the corner that the Lord is going to breathe on us, lay his hands on us, and send us out. This has been a test to see if we will build it or let the Lord build it. Can we wait on the Lord at all cost? I know we can go and serve at churches around the area, but I do not feel the leading of the Lord. I feel this is very vital in obeying the Lord in all we do. If he is not leading then how can we go? I hear all the time just do what you know to do and it will be all right. I don’t believe that. I believe we can be so wrapped up in doing that we miss what the Lord wants to teach us and show us. Sometimes we need to just be still and know He is God. I see so many people who put timetables on the Lord and when He does not show up in their timing then they think it is not meant to be. That is not the case. The Lord wants us to tune our ears to Him, and when we hear Him to trust Him and not waiver. I will not be the one the Lord rebukes for no faith.

The other day as I was praying, I said, “Lord, I have stepped out of the boat,” and He said, “Are you going to look at your surroundings or are you going to look upon me?” That was a very humbling experience. I fear God so much that I trust Him with my whole life. Into Your hands, I commit my spirit. My times I commit unto You, O Lord. This morning my lovely wife looked at me and said, “Do you know what principle tithing is supposed to instill in us?” I gave her the dead stare and said what any studious man of God would say – “Give unto God what is God’s.” She said it says it right here in Deuteronomy, Chapter 15, Verse 23(c) (NLT): “The purpose of tithing is to teach you always to fear the Lord your God.” How about that! We should fear the Lord in all we do even when we walk through our daily lives and do our daily routines. The Lord wants to be our all in all. He wants people to know that He is our God and we are His children (people). How does He prove this to people by providing for our every need?

What the Lord is doing with Rebecca and me is awesome. I see it but it but it is hard to believe. We are truly walking out our testimony right before our very eyes. This will not be a little testimony. There is getting ready to be overwhelming blessing and favor of the Lord that neither one of us can imagine. We will be awestruck with wonder above our wildest dreams. You know the Lord wants to give us more then we can imagine for ourselves. I know the Lord is still removing things of this world from me.

The Lord is looking for those who will give themselves whole-heartedly to him and allow his Spirit to work through them –with no self-doubt or self-limitations; truly giving the Lord their completely being unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment